Friday, July 1, 2011

Poetry in Motion

I think it was 2 days ago while I was browsing through different channels, I chanced upon the season 5 finale of ABDC (America's Best Dance Crew). The battle was between Blueprint Cru and Poreotics. Poreotics won with the slightest margin in ABDC history as Mario Lopez said but what got me thinking was, when the hell was the last time that I danced like that???

The answer - never. LOL.

It also got me thinking as I saw some of the season 1 champs performance - The Jabbawockeez. How are they? Of course I searched for some of their videos online and here's one that should be worth your time:



Don't they make you want to dance? Don't you wish you we're young again and practice dancing again to be soo good at it you'd be one of them? The last dance performance I made to a hip hop tune that I could remember was way back in 1994, Streetboys was the Philippine version of the Jabbawockeez back then. I tried my damn best to imitate their moves but my body was just not cooperating.

This video was from the Blueprint Cru, the second placers from ABDC season 5. The challenge was so difficult since they had to incorporate levitation on their dance routine, but see how well they've executed:



SICK right?!?

I guess some people are really just meant to do something and be somebody while some are just meant to admire. The Jabbawockeez we're destined for greatness the moment the whole world saw them dance. I hope that they do stay healthy and that they keep revolutionizing the hip hop dance scene.

2 comments:

Witchy Crazy Mommy said...

I have two left feet but still remember practicing how to do a tick tock in highschool. Bwahaha

espeks said...

I've tried that too. I was still half the man but couldn't do it. I doubt I'd be able to do it now. hehe :)

Post a Comment