Monday, July 4, 2011

The Greatest Story Ever Told

Have you seen the only video that I posted in youtube? Well, to spare you the trouble of looking for it, here it is:


Damn it! I cried just watching it again.

My wife and I planned it for 2 years. Watching the video, I'm sure you're thinking that everything went well until the day of the wedding, but it didn't. Just like any event that's nearing it's date, we had to overcome things that life is throwing at us. Did you know that the following things happened a day before our wedding:

1. Found out that my coat was ruined - thanks but no thanks to dry cleaning!
2. My wife-to-be, who was still in Manila had to buy me an entirely new coat - and we all know how expensive coats could cost, specially during December.
3. My father-in-law and brother-in-law accidentally left their coats and pants back in Manila. Good thing one of our relatives left Manila only on the day of the wedding itself.
4. My aunt who was with us got hit by a jeep in Tagaytay - thank God it was just a really slight bump.
5. A LOT of things happened months prior, but, I will not elaborate on those anymore.

Now, there I was. Waiting at the altar. Waiting for that door to open. I was still calm. But when the choir started singing, when they finally opened the Church's door, that's when it did hit me. This is it. It is finally happening. That after all that we had to go through, here I am, standing and waiting for the woman who I know is worth all the troubles and stayed with me through all those times. That's when I started crying. That's when I silently thanked God for giving my wife to me, for giving me who He thinks is right for me. For giving me my movie buddy, my fellow food critic, my co-couch potato and most of all, my source of strength and happiness.

This is our story - one of the greatest, if not the greatest story ever told.

No comments:

Post a Comment