Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Eagle has Landed...

"The eagle has landed..."

Those we're the exact message I sent my wife when the plane that I boarded landed in DXB airport. I know it should make her smile, and that was my intention. Even I myself was smiling while typing it hehehe.

Being in Dubai was my first international travel. I had a connecting flight in Hongkong, stayed there for 2 hours and off I go to DXB. I had some pictures that I was about to upload (lost it since I sold my phone within a week of being here lol), like Popeyes, where I had lunch (if you remember the film Little Nicky, there was also some stalls in Manila back then but they shut down for some reason), there was also a shop called Free-Duty, it was a store, but reading it now, I'm sure you'd think of something else, hehe. :)


How do I sum up my first month since I don't have pics to show (no pic means it didn't happen for some hehe). Let me try in a few words:


Me and wifey: not too bad, but not too good.
Physically: we're growing, the hot water is causing or shirts to shrink for some reason.
Work (me): is good. Bosses and peers are awesome.
Work (wifey): errr...
Our room: has a bed, dining table, clothes drawer and a spanking new laptop.
Emotionally: some days we're up, some days we're not.
Skills: I could cook a bit now. Wifey is still an awesome cook.
Manila connection: we have a post paid cellphone plan, and an 8MBPS internet connection thanks to our awesome room mate.


I'm sure Dubai will be very good for us financially. If life does not bring us too much of the challenges that he likes to throw our way, we should be able to pay back all of our financial obligations before this year ends while helping a bit back home and hopefully being able to save some in the process. We're still a long way to go, though it feels like I've been here for more than a year with everything that has happened, (seriously, our life here is a good topic while downing cases of SanMig Light, Manila peeps, wait for me) as long as my wife is okay, I'm sure I will be.

Yes, the eagle has landed. It was a smooth trip on the way here, so far a bumpy first month, but hell, even seasons change, then why shouldn't our life not?

I believe that life is what we make it. I'm here to start making our lives a bit better, not that it was bad, but I figured it's time for an upgrade. I hope we all see things that way...

Shalom...

No comments:

Post a Comment